The Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District’s Parental Involvement Department invites parents and students to attend an informative meeting on preparing their children for college. The event will be held on Thursday, February 26, 2015 in two sessions, 6:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M. (English) and 7:30P.M. – 8:30P.M. (Spanish), at HCISD’s Administration Building located at 407 North 77 Sunshine Strip.
Assistance will be available for parents to fill out their children’s financial aid forms. Parents attending the session should bring the following documents if they want to apply for Financial Aid:
- Social Security Number. Be sure it is correct.
- Driver’s License (if any).
- 2014 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned.
- Your spouse’s, if you are married). 2014 Federal Income Tax Return. IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ, or Foreign Tax Return (if any).
- Parents’ 2014 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
- 2014 Untaxed income records (if any) Example: Veteran’s non educational benefit records, child support received and Worker’s compensation.
- Current bank statements (if any).
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stocks, bonds and other investment records.
- Alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
College and University, as well as Armed Service Representatives will be available to provide information. For additional information or to register, contact the Harlingen CISD Parental Involvement Office, 956-427-3515.
Door prizes and light refreshments will be provided.