Focusing on the wellness of all staff members, the Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District kicked off the first in a series health fairs across the district at the Administration Building on Feb. 10.
Each year, the district hosts health fairs at campuses to provide district employees with the opportunity to get valuable health tests provided by HCISD. Fairs will be hosted at numerous campuses throughout the remaining school year.
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
- Body Composition Analysis
- Blood Pressure
- Finger stick Blood Work (Lipid Panel & Glucose)
- Venous Blood Work (A1C if Glucose is Elevated)
- Health Coaching for Abnormal Results
- Health and Wellness Plan for Abnormal Results
- Immunization and Vaccines
*Before having blood tests, district employees are asked to fast for 12 hours.
Health Fair Schedule:
2/10 Admin. Bldg.
2/19 Jefferson/New Pathway
4/16 Gordon Nix
4/17 District Ops
4/ Old Board Bldg.
For employees who complete a full participation, including biometric screening (lab), your campus/bldg. will receive $10.00 for a wellness event and you will receive a 1-month membership to the HCISD Aquatic Center. They will also have their name put in drawing for an iPad Mini, iPod, mountain bikes, Wii Fits, MP3 Players, Sports Watches, and Exercise Kits.