The Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District was recognized for their outstanding efforts in communication during last night’s regular board meeting.
The district’s Public Relations and Community Engagement Department earned nine awards in the National School Public Relations Association’s Publications and Electronic Media Awards. The program recognizes outstanding education publications and marketing/informational materials (print and electronic), video/TV/radio programs, social media, and websites.
“With so many wonderful things going on in public education, it’s important that communities be made aware of the great accomplishments that students, staff, and boards are achieving each and every day,” said Shane Strubhart Director of Public Relations/Community Engagement. “The role of our Public Relations and Community Engagement Department is to provide a window into our world and to simply tell the incredible story of HCISD. These are some of the most amazing and humble people you will ever meet. I’m proud and blessed to work with them.”
HCISD earned distinctions in the following nine categories:
Awards of Excellence
- Branding/Image Package for “Educating Innovators Every Day”
- Special Purpose Publication for “Congratulations Top 10 Graduates Billboard 2014”
- Internet/Intranet Website for “Harlingen CISD Website”
- Special Purpose Publication for “Thank You, Retirees”
Award of Merit
- Calendar “2014 Calendar/Registration Dates”
- Video (produced in-house) for “HSHP Ribbon Cutting Highlight Video”
- Magazine for “Experience HCISD The Magazine”
- E-Newsletter (internal audience) for “Across the Table with Superintendent Dr. Art Cavazos”
- Marketing Publication for “Experience HCISD Campaign”